Games have definitively come a long way since they became all the rage in the 1980s and 1990s if you think about it, the games which were available in those years are now valued as retro games and have immense love. After we invented some high power heavy-duty graphics cards and after personal devices got brilliantly powerful, the technological advances that the gaming industry has seen have surely been astronomical. I do not see the industry slowing down one bit. I am sure that they will continue to amaze gamers for a long time indeed. Here are a few instances where the gaming industry took our breath away:
- Facial recognition technology allows the console to recognize you and grant you access into the gaming world. You can even create custom avatars that look like you because the sensors can scan your face and know what you look like. The game can make it so that you yourself are playing in the game. The sensors can be so accurate that they can even scan minor things on your skin like moles and freckles as well.
- Gesture control is a technology that makes you want to put your controller down. The Intel RealSense technology lets us play first-person shooting games and even interact with your device with facial expressions and also a couple of waves from your hand. The device uses a 3D camera and tracks more than 22 different points in your hand. Gesture control is a very cool way of experiencing the game and controlling it through the natural movements of your body.
- Out-of-the-world performances by new graphics cards have come a very long way from the days of 8-bit graphics in games. The cutting edge advancements now allow gamers all around the world to experience in properly rendered worlds which have very realistic features. Ever since graphics have become too spectacular, if you are playing on a big screen, it makes you feel like you are right inside the game.
- Virtual Reality gaming consoles have been getting a lot of love because they make you feel great as you feel like you are in the game. They surround your visual senses as well as your hearing as well. You will have no idea what is going on the real world except the ground you are walking on. You get the feeling of “losing yourself” in the game, and you will feel weird when you snap back into reality.
- Mobile gaming is one of the most amazingly powerful and famous things that have happened in the gaming universe so far. It is so because everyone has a phone and everyone can enjoy these games if they are compatible with your phone.